Solid & Engineered Oak Flooring
A beautifully finished Russwood solid oak floor is a valuable addition to any home or commercial project, providing an elegant and timeless look which is easy to maintain and will last a lifetime.
Our flooring boasts the following benefits:
- High Quality - Our oak floors are European Oak, which is widely considered to be the finest oak available worldwide, due to its attractive colouring, figuring and durability
- Hand-selected - boards are selected and graded by hand, ensuring that a consistently high quality is achieved
- Wide range - boards are available in a variety of widths, lengths, grades, styles and colours, enabling you to create the customised look that you desire.
- Experience - Our experience in advising customers on their flooring choice, fixtures, fittings and aftercare has been perfected over the 10 years we have been supplying these products, so you can have peace of mind that all of your questions will be answered, from planning to installation stage.
- Reputation - We have a reputation for quality, and this is as much about our customer service as it is about our products. With a Russwood floor, you can rest assured that we will go out of our way to exceed your expectations.
- Exclusive - Our floors are made-to-order and you cannot buy them anywhere else in the UK.
- Versatile - Our solid and engineered oak floors are highly suitable for use with underfloor heating.
- Sustainable - We only use PEFC-certified timber, so you can be sure that your floor is truly sustainable
Why choose solid flooring?
Russwood’s solid oak floor boards are 20mm thick and are suitable for all types of project. Our solid oak floors can be used on top of underfloor heating, although we would advise that a maximum board width of 150mm is selected.
There is no strong reason why a solid oak floor should be chosen over an engineered one; it is a more traditional option and may be perceived as a more luxurious product, but looks exactly the same as the engineered boards and is fitted in exactly the same way.
Why choose engineered flooring?
Russwood’s engineered oak boards are available in three thicknesses; 15 and 20mm (15mm boards include a 4mm oak top layer and 20mm boards including a 5mm top layer). The top layer of oak is thick enough to ensure that it will last a lifetime, but has the added benefit of a ply backing which increases the stability of the board.
This increased stability is perfect for projects where the floor is to be installed over underfloor heating, as the boards may be subject to considerable changes in temperature. Also, in areas of excess moisture, such as bathrooms, engineered flooring may be a safer option to reduce shrinking/swelling.
Due to the various thicknesses of engineered boards, they may also be preferred for renovation projects, for example if there is a requirement to keep existing internal doors (15mm boards can often be used as a direct substitute for carpets, as the thickness is approximately the same).
Our Solid & Engineered Flooring Products
Unfinished Oak Flooring
A range of products which allows you to create the look you desire on-site
Chateau Oak Flooring
Smooth, contemporary product range for a modern and stylish look
17th Century Oak Flooring
Aged and distressed product range for a truly authentic look.
Maritime Pine Flooring
A cost-effective range of products for lower-traffic areas